It’s the most wonderful time of the year, right? So why are so many of us experiencing elevated blood pressure, middle-of-the-night panic attacks, severe stress, absolute exhaustion, wrist cramps (from card-writing), credit-card concerns and even holiday-party hangovers?
Here are Permission Slips, we want to remind you to breathe deep and take care of yourself during the holiday hoopla.
Why don’t you take a break, re-read some of our holiday missives and turn some of your “to-dos” into “to don’ts.”
Above all, please try to embrace the magic in the season and the love of those around you.
- Advice on lowering your expectations during the season:
- A new twist on those over-the-top holiday letters:
- Thoughts about holiday card lists:
- Suggestions for your spouse: how about gifting a getaway?
- Reminders to breathe deep and give yourself a break amidst the holiday craziness:
– Linda Williams Rorem, 14 Dec. 2012
To subscribe, email PermissionSlips1@gmail.com
- Permission Slips Revisited (permissionslips.wordpress.com)